Monday, March 10, 2008

No snow...

...but still home bound.

While most of our family is buried beneath 10-20 inches of snowfall, we are sitting at a wet but comfortable 50 degrees today. Yet we still aren't leaving the house. Andrew's been fighting some kind of virus. Symptoms: Frequent napping, no eating, lots of tv watching. It's like not even having a kid. ;) Lily is full steam ahead, except for these nasty molars. I think she's really hungry, but anything that requires chewing makes her burst into tears. Poor baby. Momma here is her usual grumpy pregnant self with a head cold and cough added on to it. Oh, and less sleep than usual since the children are especially needy in the nighttime the last few days. Jeff is on the mend, however after this weekend I wouldn't blame him if he takes a one way ticket to Bermuda tonight after work,("Oh, I'm working late tonight, dear.")

We don't have it as bad as many. Just stir crazy. Actually, the kids are doing quite well with all this home-bound stuff. As usual it's Mommy that itches to get out. HOWEVER, the positive is that this is how I envision the first few months after adding #3, and it hasn't been that bad. And by the time baby boy does join us, hopefully we'll be able to just let loose in the backyard. So it is giving me a bit of hope for the future. ;)

So as I nurse a case of cabin fever, I shall write down: Things That I Am Grateful For

1) Even though I have had 2 children and have a 3rd currently sitting on my bladder, I can cough and sneeze without wetting myself. Most of the time. And that is truly a blessing when you have a cold during your 3rd trimester.

2) My husband and in-laws worked their booties off finishing the basement room into a playroom a few weeks ago. In our days indoors, it has been INVALUABLE to have a new and exciting place to visit and play in.

3) My children really love books and tv. These are great activities for their whale-of-a-mother. Beach me on a couch and we're good.

4) Both kids took an almost 2 hour nap today...wait for it...AT THE SAME TIME. When I called to tell Jeff this he said, "Boy, I bet the house is really sparkling." I replied, "You'll just have to wait and see..." And then we both broke into laughter. Thank God for a husband that just lets me be this pathetic lump of pregnant woman. And even gives me a foot rub at the end of the day.

5) I have a presumably healthy baby growing an appropriate amount of time in my belly. As much as I bitch and moan, this is the best way to do things. I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about him. I had a dream that I went to hear the heartbeat and their wasn't one. I had to start planning the delivery and what to tell Andrew. Horrible dream. Woke up feeling awful and sad...and would have been desperately worried about my little one, except that at the moment I woke up it was apparently time for Tai-Kwon-Do in the womb. Eased my mind instantly. As much as I was in dread for this child 7 months ago, I am excited and in love with him. And I think that this uncomfortable stage at the end is just designed to make you want the pregnancy over regardless of the hardships to come. ;) Ain't nature grand?

-sigh- I feel better now.


Oh, and a big shout out to Kelsey on her new baby boy. He just couldn't wait to come out and meet his family...and we're all hoping he continues to do just as well as he's started out.

No comments: