Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stealing a moment away

This blog was named "Moments of Sanity" because my time blogging seems like those times in my day. As you can tell from the amount of blogging I've been doing...there are very few moments of sanity lately. These 3 kids are getting the best of me.

Just wanted to let you know that Michael had a follow up appointment yesterday, and he's gained 12 ounces in a week! A baby his age usually gains between 4 and 7 ounces a week...so Mikey is doing some catching up. So we will continue to supplement breastfeeding with a few ounces of formula each day. He manage to gain 12 ounces last week with only adding 6-7 ounces of formula...so I can live with that. ;)

Days are long and mind-numbing. Today I have been awake since 2:30 am. Michael sleeps his "long" stretch from 7-11:30. And then he flat out refuses to lay back down to sleep. In my arms...zonked out almost immediately. Lay him down...screaming within 2 minutes. Argh. And then I'm running from 5:30 am (when Lily gets up) until 7:30 pm (when Andrew goes to sleep). Michael will allow me to put him down for about an hour total during that time. I DO put him down and let him scream when I'm getting things for the other children. But how much screaming can one person take? He's screaming right now because he's in the bouncer. As I was saying, at 8 pm, I rush to bed...because did I mention that he won't lay back down after midnight? So, as you can imagine, NOTHING is getting done around here. Just the minimum of dishes and meal prep. And laundry on the weekend. MIND-NUMBING. And gross.

So I'm off to rescue my baby from the dreaded bouncer. We have no outings planned today...so it should feel like it lasts about 29 hours. ;) Have a good one-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Girl. I've been reading your blog for quite a while and enjoy it so much but have never posted. I'm wishing so much right now I lived in your neighborhood so I could relieve you some. I totally sympathize and it evokes vivid memories. If it makes you feel any better, I admit there would be two days in a row when I couldn't even take a shower and some days didn't brush my teeth until 11:00 at night. So I KNOW what you're going through. All I can stay is just hang in there. You know it gets better. The screaming - I can hear it now. I just felt psychotic most of the time. But you make it, as you well know. I'm thinking of you, believe me. It'll pass.

Kathy C.

Kelsey said...

Does it help to know that others are in the trenches with you? Probably not. But we are.

That sleep schedule you've got going on would KILL me. Two nights ago Michael didn't agree to sleep until 2 A.M. and I had to keep mentally checking in with myself to make sure I would wake Matt for help before slinging Michael right through the bedroom window. Harper was a pretty good sleeper, but I have to keep reminding myself that that didn't happen right away.

I will send Lily a memo about that 5:30 wake up time - unacceptable.

Hang in there.

CARRIE said...

I checked in totally not expecting a post. Glad to know that everyone is still living...though perhaps dirty. When you feel at your most insant, think about that Dugger lady who is expecting #18 and know that you really aren't.

Emily said...

Oh, man. That totally SUCKS. I mean I really can't imagine how much that sucks. You poor thing. Ugh.
Have you ever tried the Miracle Blanket? You have to buy them online, but it's like a baby straightjacket, and with Katy it dramatically lengthened her sleep stretches. We've been using it since Day 1 with #2, and I am addicted to it. You might be like, "DUH! We've tried that. It doesn't work." but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Maybe to help with the "cries as soon as you lay him down" thing.