Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The good thing in Texas


I often ponder where life will take us next. I have a hard time even entertaining the thought that we may be in Pennsylvania forever...in part because of our past history and in part because my husband enjoys torturing me with uncertainty. He often tells me that Houston may be in our future, because apparently every chemical company in America has a huge processing facility there due to...ya know...the oil. ;) Houston may be one of my worst nightmares. No offense to you Texas folks...it's just HOT there. And I hate the HEAT. A lot. Also? One of my least favorite parts of California was the lack of seasons. Except that California was stuck in the GOOD season...not my least favorite season.


Anyway...I digress. When I am torturing myself with future visions of living in TX, there is one shining light. Family. Jeff's brother and sister live in Texas, and every time I get to see them with my kids I have moments of thinking that Texas wouldn't be so bad after all.


Chad came to visit this weekend...it was a blast. He is such a good uncle...up for anything, never complaining about the mind-numbing boringness that comes from playing with young kids. Smiling gamely when we take him on an "exciting" outing to an apple farm. Going to watch 5 year olds play soccer and then feigning enthusiasm. Playing Land Before Time with Lily...even though he is not familiar with the movie. Being woken up at 8:30 with the loud exclamation, "Why are you sleeping so long, Chad-eo?" Thanks for visiting, Chad. You are welcome anytime...our kids love you. ;) We do too. :)



Chad in a pile-up on the couch.

Chad passed out on the couch while Andrew played with his phone. Andrew was OBSESSED with his iPhone...I'm pretty sure he called a few of Chad's friends and then promptly hung up on them.


Michael was a most enthusiastic apple picker. He got the award for putting the apples in the bucket the gentlest. I'm not being sarcastic. You should have seen Andrew lobbing them in. Yikes.


Andrew picking apples.



Lily taking a break from her monster tantrums to drink some milk. It was "too sunny" and "too many bugs" and "I want to go home now". She managed to find every apple possible to trip on. We should've named her Grace. Or perhaps we should have left her at home.


Michael finds a low branch.


Andrew finds a slightly higher branch.

Our family and someone else's. A very patient family that smiled when Michael invaded their buckets. Buckets, plural. What are they going to do with all those apples?


Lily finally gets into the action. After much repeated yelling, "Watch where you are walking!"


One more time...because it's just so cute...


And, finally...a video of what uncles are for. And why Chad is so tired. ;)





4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Aw, it looks like they had fun!

Joanne said...

Those pictures are so cute! Oh, and there are OTHER good things about Texas, my friend (*cough*theRippleFamily*cough*). We'd be proud to call you Texans!

Kate said...

Dang, they're cute. Mikey with the bucket made me smile. Reminds me what we need to do this weekend, if we can find someplace closer than 30 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Princess Lily always makes me laugh;)