Monday, October 26, 2009

TV is good

Okay, all you TV naysayers. I submit that TV is GOOD.

Yesterday, we watched a new episode of Penguins of Madagascar. It was quite an event, because this is one of our favorite shows, but they only have a new episode once every couple of months. The episode featured the penguins investigating a strange blob on their zoo clock. Turns out it was a hornet's nest. The rest of the show is spent with the penguins trying to get rid of the hornets (and epically failing) so they didn't harass the children who visit the zoo.

After we'd watched it twice, Andrew says, "Hey! We have one of those in our front yard. I thought it was a funny branch, but I guess it was a hornet's nest."

Sure enough, in the tree that is right next to our front door...



Exterminators are on their way.
I again say...TV is GOOD.

5 comments:

Astarte said...

Holy shit, that's a HUGE hornet's nest!!!!!! Run for your lives!

I love Penguins of Madagascar. It's hysterical! I think TV is good, too. I think the people who claim to have never let their children set eye on a television are l-y-i-n-g.

d e v a n said...

OH MY!ACK!

Anonymous said...

I only have one question...how in the world did you not notice that nest earlier?!?!?!

And those purplish leaves are beautiful. For all I know they're always that color but for this California girl who never sees real fall, they're pretty cool.

Karen said...

Wow! That is a big nest....smart boy. I agree that TV can be good sometimes. I learn all sorts of important medical things from Grey's Anatomy - ha ha!

nicole said...

Gross! I get the creeps just looking at that.

Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. I read too! I wish I could say I was getting up early to do it, or giving up primp time, but really I just do it whenever possible. Which means my family sometimes suffers for it.