Thursday, May 26, 2011

In a sentence or less

1. Is there anything cuter than a 3 year old helping mow the lawn?




2. Still (not) photogenic






3. What Andrew did for most of the baseball game he went to with his school for family night.

4. Lily moves on to the 4 day 4's program at her pre-school with an adorable musical production.



5. Upon seeing my latest book sitting next to our recliner, Jeff exclaims, "Just looking at a book that big puts me in a bad mood."




6. My latest book is Roots, by Alex Haley.



7. No I have never seen the mini-series.



8. I ran 20 minutes this morning, despite being convinced that the only way I would make it home from such an undertaking would be in a hearse.



9. Jeff is going to be gone for most of next week and I'm not even blinking about it.



10. We had the most beautiful family evening last night with the kiddie pool and sprinkler and hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and ice cream and all.


11. Except for the part where Andrew sulked up at the top of hill, a.k.a. "tick alley", because we wouldn't let him body slam his brother and sister at the bottom of the water slide.



12. It is now established in the neighborhood that I am the stick-in-the-mud mother with a house full of un-interesting activites.



13. I need suggestions for music to run to, keeping in mind that the music I tend to like does not really work for exercising.



14. Have I mentioned my love affair with Phil Collins's music?



15. Add "hopelessly uncool" to #12.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike mowing the lawn with Jeff is precious! I'm not surprised that you're reading "Roots", seeing as how "Pillars of the Earth" is like your favorite book. Which I knew would give me trouble when I saw the size of it, and the teeny tiny print. But this is why you're smarter than me :) Funny you should mention being the uninteresting house in the neighborhood, I just blogged about that. I recommend popsicles. And maybe a trampoline. My favorite running song is "Everclear" by Foo Fighters. They have quite a few songs I like to run to. Some of their music is too hard for my tastes. They may be a long shot for a Phil Collins fan.

And most importantly...go you for running 20 minutes!!! You rock.

Aunt Sara said...

My friend says Ke$ha is good to run to. Yes, there's a dollar sign in her name and she is a far cry from Phil Collins, but it's what I heard. I wouldn't know because I've never run for 20 minutes straight in my life.

I love the picture of Michael mowing too. Very artistic the way you set up the child size chairs next to the adult chairs in the background. :)

CARRIE said...

I had always thought highly of you until I read about the Phil Collins love affair. ;)

Unfortunately, I have nothing to offer in the way of suggestions because I haven't listened to new adult music in 7 years. Can one run to Dora the Explorer theme song?