Friday, May 13, 2011

School projects

Well, I wrote a long post about Andrew and school projects and Blogger ate it. Grrrr.

A short synopsis:

1- When I thought about how many children I wanted, I never really considered the "extra" stuff. Like the sheer volume of laundry and food one more child would entail. Or homework and activities.

2- I am terrified beyond terrified about how crazy my life is going to be in a few years when all the kids are in elementary school.

3- Andrew is a very smart boy, but when faced with deadlines and projects? He drops his pencil on the floor 55 times and gets hand/leg/face cramps that cause him to double over. Also? His handwriting goes to crap and herunsallhiswordstogethersohehastoredoit which only makes the agony of the project last longer.

4- In one week he was Star of the Week in his class (do a poster), had a book report (diorama/3Dbox project), and wrote a letter to my friend's daughter for her Flat Stanley project. Epidural-free childbirth was less painful than that week. Imagine when I have 3 children each with 3 different projects to work on!?! Hide the knives and ropes!

Pictures of Andrew with Flat Stanley... We could have taken him to the Liberty Bell or Independence Hall, but we wussed out and took him just down the road to Washington's Crossing, where old Georgie boy crossed the Delaware with his troops on Christmas Day. We also dressed him in an Eagles jersey and stuck a cheese steak in his hand.




And here's the Mother's Day program at Andrew's school. I'm the face on the purple flower just to the right of Andrew. He cried while he sang to me, he was so moved. I swear, I had no chance at not crying. He is so sweet and tender-hearted. I swear I will hunt down and destroy the girl who breaks his heart someday.
Also? Since when do I have as many chins as I have children. Not okay, Giselle. Not okay. At least look up into the light. Have I learned nothing from my years of watching America's Next Top Model?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger was giving me issues too and I didn't get to comment on your previous post yesterday. Just wanted to cheer on your running efforts. Keep it up and stop comparing yourself to others! The fact that you are getting out there is fantastic. You will cross the finish line at your 5k and how awesome will that be?!

Yes, when all my kids are in school I think I will need those hours to gear up for the after-school chaos. And I can barely make a meal to feed us all now, I can't even begin to imagine how much we will consume when the kids are teenagers!

Thanks for the laughs, my friend :)

Elizabeth said...

I laughed when I read your "Hi, I'm calling at about 5:00...that's 2:00 your time" bit. After the long day I had, you doing the math for me was helpful!

Kelsey said...

I'm pretty sure I tried to comment on this three or four times a few days ago before I gave up!

FYI I got to read your original post in my Google reader - isn't that strange?

I do the time change math as well. :-)

Harper can be the SAME WAY about projects and we haven't had much homework in kindergarten - not looking forward to that...