Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ouchy bells

There are two new developments that I've been enjoying in my life...which have nothing to do with children.  I KNOW, right?

First, I have joined the Christmas bell choir at church.  We only practice once a week, but it reminds me just how much I miss playing music in a group.  It makes me want to dust off my clarinet and treck 30 minutes to the nearest community band each week.  Except...probably not.  I'll just enjoy bells.

Second, we've joined the local gym.  Calling it a gym is super short selling it.  First of all, it costs A LOT.  More than I am comfortable with.  But we looked at lots of different options, and this one works best...if we use the crap out of it.  So now Michael is signed up for a gym class, Lily is taking a musical theatre dance class, Andrew will soon be in swim lessons (cost extra anyway), and I am doing their circuit weight training and running the treadmill (not yet, but soon?).  Tuesday I dropped Michael off at school, then took Lily to the KidsClub at the gym and did my circuit.  Lily did a snowflake craft and played with playdoh while I was gone...not just watching tv or whatever.  I could barely move after my workout.  Then I felt better.  The next morning I felt like the tin man in Oz...moving so stiffly and painfully.  Today I have a personal trainer appointment (you get 2 for joining...I am scared.)

I'm worried about going to bells tonight after going to the gym this morning, however.  My arms may not be able to life the bells off the table.  These hobbies may be incompatible.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

A gym that kids can take classes at? What a brilliant idea! It must have been established by a mom :) I wish we had something like that around here. That will be so nice for you during the cold, cold winter.

And the bell choir sounds fun. I've always enjoyed listening to bells. There was a bell tower on our college campus and I was so impressed that they could make recognizable songs come out of bells.

CARRIE said...

Last line was too funny! Working out has made me far happier than I expected it to. It's been almost 2 years, and now I think I'm a little addicted.

bluedaisy said...

Love the post title! Two great things going on for you :)