Friday, June 01, 2012

Almost back

I only have one more assignment to go...and then I'll be finished with my classes.  And hopefully blogging more frequently again.  Although this new blogger format really sucks.  Internet Explorer does not support Blogger, so I cannot create new posts unless I'm on Google Chrome.  So that takes some getting used to.  But now that I'm on Google Chrome, the top bar of posting...you know, with little tabs like SAVE and PUBLISH, is completely covered up by the tool bar of Google Chrome.  Grrrrr...

A story to whet your appetite..

Last night the kids were milling about after dinner.  Michael comes crying into us because he wants to be king, but Andrew and Lily won't let him.  Andrew is in the bathroom...an extended stay, shall we say.  Lily is the go between the high commander and the peon.

After conferencing with Andrew, Lily comes over to Michael and tells him that he can be the prince.  New wails come forth from Michael.  Jeff and I try to play up the prince role.  Jeff (unwisely) suggests Michael reenact The Lion King and kill the king so he can be king.  Michael cries harder.

Lily runs back to Andrew to discuss.  Michael continues sobbing on Jeff's lap.

Lily comes back with this offer,  "Andrew says you can be king, because he's going to be a God now."

Jeff and I die laughing.  Future politician, master manipulator.  Give the kid what he wants, all the while changing the rules so that you retain your most powerful position.

The really funny thing is, Michael figured it out immediately.  And refused to be king if Andrew was a god.  Crying continued for a while longer.

11 days until Andrew is out of school.

It's going to be a long summer.

2 comments:

memere said...

Will be glad to have you back. I was laughing outloud.

Grandma said...

So glad you're back! You made my day!
Nothing touches a grandmother's heart more than grandchildren stories, and you are so good at it!