Sunday, June 03, 2012

W.T. Summer begins

Summer is almost here!  Andrew still has 6 days of school left, and I'm still waiting for my annoying on-line teacher to get back to me...but it feels like summer.

Yesterday, Andrew finished up his last organized activity for the year.  I think we've finally found a sport that he's really really enjoying.  Lacrosse.  This is the first time a sports season has come to an end, and he is disappointed that the practices and games will be ending.  He'd be happy if they'd keep having practices all summer long.  :)  Some shots from yesterday's game...Andrew is #49 in white.  Notice how close up we can get with our new camera!









We got home from the game and decided it was just too beautiful to stay inside.  Also?  We have a strict ban on all tv or computer games until our trip to Ohio on June 15th.  That is a whole different post waiting to happen.  2 posts...the trip and the ban.

But yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I decided to clean out our garage.  The kids got to play in our new "swim buckets".  Really they are for storing all the outside toys, but when dumped out, they make decent individual swimming pools.  We may have scared away potential buyers from the houses for sale across the street.  ("Are those kids swimming...in buckets?").  At least they had bathing suits on and not droopy diapers.  Only because we are all potty trained now.







I was also excited to post pictures of myself in scanty clothing.  Don't YOU get excited...it's more frightening than anything.  I took a front and side shot on January 1st in a sports bra and spandex shorts.  Then I spent 6 months working out 4-5 times a week.  I've lost 17 pounds, and dropped a pants size.  I was all set to take another pair of pictures on June 1st.  I thought it would be really motivating to see the changes.  Except there weren't any.  Well, the bathroom looks newly painted and I'm holding a nice new camera.  :)  But as far as my body goes, if anything, I look worse in the June 1st shot.  WTH.  Apparently, I didn't do a good enough job accentuating my newly slender wrists in the shot.  -sigh-  

I KNOW there are differences.  I have muscles now that I never had before.  I am just totally surprised and depressed that the camera shows none of it.  It makes no sense to me.  Jeff compared the shots and said, "Maybe your face looks a little different?"  -sigh-  At least I feel good?  But had these illusions that I'd go see family I haven't seen in a while and they'd be all, "Oh, wow, Giselle, you are looking great!".  And now if they say that, I'll know they are lying and just reading my blog and trying to be nice.  Kind of like when I went into the OB at 40 weeks with Andrew and he told me I was a "fingertip dilated".  Which isn't really anything, but they want to encourage you and throw you a bone.  As far as looking thinner though...I KNOW it isn't true...because I have actual photographic PROOF that it is not true. 

Okay!  Enough whining!  And you can be grateful that my pictures turned out this way, so that you can enjoy cute picture of kids in buckets instead of pictures of a pudgy 34 year old standing in her bathroom! 

1 comment:

CARRIE said...

Are you doing strength training in your workouts? That might give you more definition to your shape. (Although I've been doing it and my pooch is still poochy. The abs underneath are rock hard, though). And I think I actually weigh more even though my clothes feel the same....muscle, I guess. But who wants to weigh more?