Friday, June 08, 2012

Backing out

For the last year, I've known about all this travel.  I've joked about it, I've moaned about it.  And now it is almost upon us.  All those car trips.  I'm making lists of what I need to pack for the trips.  I'm thinking about what to do with the kids in the car.  I'm overwhelmed.

So we are backing out of my family reunion.  Most of my out-of-state cousins aren't coming, so I'm not alone in missing out.  I don't really know why I was thinking I could go anyway.  Sometimes I am just in a state of denial about how far away we live from the rest of the crew.  It was going to end up being something like 16 hours of extra car time for 36 hours with the family.  That math just didn't add up...especially considering we'd probably sleep for 10 of those 36 hours.

So I backed out.  I'm disappointed.  Sad.  And much much relieved.

No comments: