Thursday, August 21, 2008

31

I'm 31 today. Birthdays aren't as exciting as they used to be...my day will be no different than any other. Except that I have a 4 year old who is very excited and proud that it is my birthday. Andrew and Jeff went shopping for my birthday gift last night, and so Andrew is very excited for me to open it tonight. He has not given me any clues, but I did get some info. He was looking at my wedding ring and he told me that a diamond is the strongest thing on earth. I asked how he knew it, and he said that Daddy told him. I asked if that was because they were looking at diamonds for my birthday gift. He snickered and said, "Noooo, but you're reallly going to like it!" So no diamonds. Jeff gave me the ominous clue, "Well, you might enjoy this gift more if you didn't have kids." Hmmmm, great.

Anyway, so birthdays have been kind of ho-hum since children...I can't go out to lunch, my co-workers haven't noticed, etc. But this year, Andrew has made it fun. He woke up this morning, bounded down the stairs and said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" and gave me a huge hug and kiss. Then we went to the park, and Andrew told every adult there that it was my birthday. He keeps singing the birthday song, and he is genuinely excited it's my day. Michael did his part as well...for 2 nights in a row, he's slept 8 hours in a row at night. Lily...well, she's just being Lily. We'll give her a few years. ;)

Thanks Andrew, for a great day!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday GISELLE!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Joanne said...

Happy birthday, my friend! I can't wait to hear what your big surprise (that you'd enjoy more without kids???) is!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Sorry, forgot to spell check and panicked a little there....

Anyway, Happy Birthday Giselle!

Thanks for bringing up the rear in the birthday parade again this year. You're right, they aren't that fun anymore.