Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MINE!

Lily learned a new word today. And she knows how to use it! She and Andrew were "playing" in the basement (read: fighting), and I hear her screaming "MINE. MINE CAR." Officially, Andrew cannot rip things out of her hands without me knowing about it. -sigh- Life as a referee has begun.

Other random notes from today:

I washed my kitchen floor today. I usually wash my kitchen floor and front hall when Lily is asleep. Okay, I don't usually wash my kitchen floor at all. Today, Lily was awake, and despite my warnings, she tried to walk on the wet floor. And she promptly slipped and whacked her head (nothing the Booboo bunny couldn't solve, though). For the rest of the morning, she wouldn't walk on the kitchen floor. At all. I had to hold her hand or else listen to her tantruming at the border between the family room and kitchen.

Andrew and I were playing Olympics (our latest imaginary game). He likes it when I'm the spectator (no competition that way). At one point he said, "I'm on the USA baseball team. You be the watcher. Pretend I'm your son." ? But you are my son?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, you're lucky it took her so long to say "mine". Reina says mine now and doesn't even have a sibling...yet. So who's she competing with?

The floor phobia is funny, no slip 'n' slides for Lily!

Andrea said...

Ah yes, MINE - fun huh?
Rachel found it recently as well and man can she SCREECH it!!!