Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another conversation with Andrew

Due to popular request, here is another conversation with my 4 year old.

We were driving home from a doggy play date (Shadow and her friend Ella played, while their respective children also played, and their mommies got some social time). Andrew is in the back of the car talking non-stop...as usual. Here is an excerpt of our discussion...

A- Mom, I am going to live with you even when I get grown up.
G- If you want to, I'd be happy to have you. But if you get married, your wife will probably want to live in your own house.
A- Well, then I'll live next door to you. Okay? We can be neighbors. So either the house across the street or next door, okay?
G- That sounds perfect.
A- And we can eat dinner together every night. And if you move again, we'll all move together, okay?
G- I'm sure your wife will be thrilled.
A- When am I allowed to get married?
G- When you find the right person and you are out of school.
A- Well, I'm going to married right away. And me and my married person are going to live right next door, forever.
G- That's fine. But you should really wait until you find the person you really want to marry first.
A- Oh, Mom, there's lots of girls I want to marry. So many pretty ones and funny ones. I'll find someone.
G- Well, you have lots of time.
A- Hey, Mom, I'm thinking of an animal, do you want to guess which one?


Oh, he's a catch, I tell you! What girl wouldn't want a man that wants to eat dinner with his mommy every night? Too bad for her family...

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Maybe Harper can marry Andrew, we'll also move next door, and we can all just come over for dinner!

Emily said...

Oh, that is hysterical! Isn't it weird to think of the prospect of being a mother-in-law someday? I hope I'm a good one and not an annoying one...