Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bad weather? Huh?

So I am vaguely aware of current events. I read the headlines on MSN.com and frequently click on them to read more. So I of course knew that Texas has been hit really hard. I cannot imagine the devastation. And living in my self-centered world, I mostly think of the mothers. And how it would feel to try and take care of your kids when you can't get them water, or their favorite toys, or how you wouldn't be able to make it all better for them.

Yesterday I was complaining to Jeff about how hot it still is in September. I complain about this every year. It's kind of like my complaining about the cold in March. The yin and the yang of the year. My body just has a little season clock inside, and it is a month off. Anyhoo, I was whining, "Why does it have to be in the 80s? When can I wear pants? Wah wah wah?" And then my MIL called and told me they have no power and won't have power for a long long time. And that there have been unbelievable wind storms throughout Ohio (and other parts of the midwest I"m sure), but the utility workers have left to go help in Texas...so they are left stranded.

Oops. I guess I should just suck it up. You just need a little perspective sometimes (and my friend Carrie says it better here).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hot? Seriously? Have you been to Arizona? I'll switch you! Then again, you can keep your humidity! I really hope we get to share your miserable weather next summer and are able to make it out for a visit:)

Kelsey said...

We are STILL without power, but at least we can stay with the in-laws! (Although it's getting a little cozy here.)