Saturday, September 20, 2008

A little bit of this and that

So our computer is acting funny. Can I blame lack of posting on the computer? At least for a little while. ;)

Let's see...what's been going on around here...?

Andrew is adjusting well to school. I think his problem was that his BFF, Matthew (who was in his class last year as well), did the unthinkable...he made a new friend. -gasp- My dear sweet sensitive little boy just couldn't handle that his best friend might make other friends. We talked about branching out, meeting new people, etc. Monday he told me he wanted to write a letter to Matthew. He first drew a picture of them playing together. Then he wanted me to write down what he said. In red crayon. Because, in his words, "Red is the color of love." Um, yikes. The letter went something like this: "Dear Matthew, This is a letter of love. You are the person on the left and I am the person on the right. I like to play cars with you. Love, Andrew" I spent the rest of the week "forgetting" to bring the letter to school to give to Matthew and trying to lose it. Andrew thwarted me and handed it to Matthew's mother on Thursday morning. -sigh- I explained to her that she should not be freaked out by the letter...Andrew is 4 and his love is innocent and pure. She laughed...hopefully a "ha ha, kids are funny"-laugh and not a "ha ha I'm moving to Arizona, you stalker"-laugh.

Andrew's teachers already love him. Mrs. Bennett was eager to tell me how much he cracks her up. Apparently they split the kids up into 3 tables to learn about the letter A. After the activity was over, Andrew went to one of the other tables and said, "So, Mrs. Bennett. How did your table do?" She said they did fine. He replied, "Well, that's good." Also, he was really quiet one day and didn't want to participate (see reason above). When his teacher asked if he was okay, he said, "I'm fine. I'm like a bat, I have more energy at night. I'm actually nocturnal." Weirdo. At least the teachers are laughing...for now.

Lily is singing...all the time. I hear her in the back singing along with our kiddie CD's. She can sing the alphabet song really well...I wish I could tape her so you could hear. She also sings Twinkle Star, 'Tinkle, Tinkle, itt STAR" always with a lot of emphasis on the last word. Seriously, she just melts your heart. And she told me "I yuv oo" this morning. Ugh. That girl has us wrapped around her fingers. Which is good, because when she isn't being painfully cute she is being painfully psycho. Seriously, she is manic. But I love her anyway (she's sleeping right now...it's really easy to love her right now).

Michael had his first taste of rice cereal today! (hated it, by the way. almost made him cry, seriously) Just a month later than the other 2 kids! I have NO desire to start him on solids. First of all, it is just one more thing to try and fit into our days. I'd prefer he just jump to what the other two eat (or rather, what I serve the other 2...eating is a relative term). More importantly, he's nursing so well, he's regular in his..ahem...movements, he's sleeping 11-12 hours in a row at night...he's just perfect. Why mess with that? Why introduce formula? Why start solids? Why do I feel such pressure to do this?

Michael is also NOT rolling over, NOT sitting up, NOT showing any desire to grow up at all. Which I'm secretly pleased about but officially worried about. Secretly I'm not worried at all...I know he's just a contented little guy. Oh, and terribly spoiled...

What else? I don't know. Life is just chugging along...and I am not feeling very inspired to write in this little blog. When I am inspired, I can't actually get on the computer. So sucks to be reading this, eh? Enjoy the fall weather! I've got

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh sweet Andrew. That story is priceless. I have an image of you telling that story before he gets married, about how his first true love was Matthew...

Kelsey said...

I will never, ever get tired of Andrew stories. What a great kid. I'm glad Lily is charming often enough to keep her around - two year olds are complete crazies.

My Michael isn't much interested in learning any of those things either and completely hate his first taste of rice cereal. Sounds like our boys are alike in things other than name!