Thursday, September 11, 2008

Score one for the parents

Yesterday was, in a word, beautiful. Sunny skies, temps in the 70s, slight breeze. Utterly perfect. To make the day even better, Jeff got home from work at 3pm (he was working with the United Way for the day doing charity through work). So we decided to head to the local park to enjoy this lovely day. At the last minute, we decided to have dinner there. I packed a cooler of drinks and napkins and Jeff called the pizza place. Let me note that we have NEVER done this. We usually pack PB&J for the park...this was quite the novel idea. ;)

We loaded the kids into the car. Andrew thought we were going to the park. When we stopped and got a pizza, he obviously thought our plans had changed. Never one to complain about pizza, he didn't say a word.

Until we pulled into the park's parking lot. Andrew perked up and said, "What are we doing, Mom?"

"Eating dinner at the park. Is that okay?"

I can see Andrew through the rear view window beaming from ear to ear. "Wow, I'm going to do this with my kids someday. This is so great!"



(have I mentioned that I love the 4 years 10 months age? Did I tell you how obnoxious he was yesterday morning? No? That's because he ended the day on such a great note!)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Is 4 yrs. 10 mos, better than 3 yrs. 10 mos? Because I'm afraid to imagine it getting any better!

I'm glad you had such a nice night!