Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The downsides of the potty trained child

Changing diapers has never really bothered me. Call me crazy, but I just don't think it's one of the worst things about babies.

Andrew is potty trained. Has been for a year and a half. It's lovely. He does everything now...down to the wiping. At the risk of being too graphic, he just takes a few squares and wipes until it comes clean. Fantastic. I have enough butts to wipe. I saw no downsides.

Andrew has a slight case of "the runs" this week.

This morning, our downstairs toilet overflowed into the hallway.

Mommy tip of the day: When your child is suffering from loose stools, supervise the wiping.

Also, a bonus tip of the day: Don't throw away or donate your old bath towels. They come in handy when your downstairs is filling with toilet water.

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oi vey! Pooptastrophes don't stop once they're potty trained?

Erin said...

OMG. That is AWFUL.