Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today's goal: take pictures

We took the family for portraits on May 2nd. Apparently, this gave me the excuse to put away the regular camera for 3 weeks. So today's goal? Take pictures. Here are some from weeks and weeks ago that I just downloaded.





If you come to my house, take note. THIS is what happens every 15 minutes in my kitchen. Why don't I babyproof, you ask? 1) My cabinet doors are quite literally falling apart, so adding anything will likely destroy them. 2) Look at how much fun he's having!



How could you be upset at a little destructor this cute?


Lily shows off her cute jean skirt...and I have no recollection why she is all wet. I'm sure there was a story behind it, which is why I took a picture. New goal: take pictures and then download them promptly so I remember why I took them.



A brief moment of peace. I'm sure a few seconds after the flash, Lily beat his punk-&ss down for touching her "pin-cess" stuff.



Still not walking, but Michael is starting to prefer to cruise anywhere and everywhere. I will definitely try to capture on film him walking behind his favorite walking aid...Lily's pink stroller. That'll be one to save to bring out on senior appreciation slideshow night. :)


Honestly? Could I have a more laid-back child? He just decided to chill out on the kitchen floor. Which is looking spectacularly clean, I might point out. THAT is like catching a photo of Big Foot...


At the end of April I was brave enough to take the kiddos to the Please Touch Museum alone. Andrew drums on some random employee that wanders around...letting kids drum on his snare drum. Weird. But the kids loved it!



Oh! How I am tiring of the head tilt!



Michael gets into the action at the museum. I was actively NOT thinking of all the germs.


Here's a little video of what COULD happen if Lily would just PLAY with Michael instead of pushing, hitting, shoving, and screaming. Please excuse the annoying 5 year old who interrupts because he wasn't a part of it. That's why you hear Lily saying, "A-ew. Stop doing that. Get out of the way." Argh.


And this is kind of the same thing, except that I love Michael's reaction when he falls down (with a plastic potato chip in his mouth). It is so typical of my laid-back boy. He glances at me, does a low whine, and then gets back to business. Love him! And the other two also...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah I try not to think about the germs either! I have nicknamed Strong National Museum of Play the National Museum of Germs! At least the kids have fun there :)
Cute pictures! I also let Joey destroy the cupboards because otherwise he'd be on the computer or tormenting the others and that is exhausting

Kelsey said...

I love those videos - your Michael is really chill!

You are VERY brave taking all the kids to the museum - I'm in awe!