Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend

So we had a nice weekend. I can't remember what we did, but it was nice. Seriously, soon I will have the memory of a rutabaga. I was talking to my mother this morning, and I COULD. NOT. REMEMBER. what we did just 24 hours before. Ugh.

So just as a mental exercise...

Saturday: To New Hope for a visit to our favorite French bakery, feeding ducks and their babies in the Delaware river, wandering around looking for change to feed the meters with, trying to come up with 5 year old explanation for the photos of same sex couples making out (it was pride weekend there...quite frankly, I don't like it when there are hetero pictures of couples making out either...). Andrew had a bowling b-day party that afternoon...he'd never been bowling before and had a great time. He was quite surprised at how difficult it was. I mean, he's like a pro-level on the Wii. That night went over to my friend's house to sit in her house while she went on a date with her husband. Enjoyed flavored Bailey's (yum to the yummo!)

Sunday: To the mall so that we didn't kill our children due to all their fighting/screaming. Try not to kill the children at the mall due to all the whining/screaming. Jeff takes Andrew to flag football (he scored another touchdown!), while I got ready for girls' night out. Jeff comes home and I promptly leave to go pick up some of the ladies. Why I offered to drive to NJ, I'll never know. I had 4 backseat drivers all with different opinions on how to get to the restaurant. Argh. YOU drive if you know how to get there. Otherwise let me blindly follow my Tomtom and get there my way...regardless of if it saves me 4 minutes. Have a great time out with my friends as we said farewell to my friend who is moving to California in 2 weeks. It's strange to be the one left behind...I've never really had to do that before. Have conversations about religion and sex...get scared about how young everyone got started...with the sex, not with the religion. Start calculating how many years Andrew has until he is the age that some of their husbands were...6 years. Drink more sangria. Get home to a spotless kitchen, homemade cupcakes, and word that Lily asked to use the potty and then actually did successfully. Amazing.

So that's that. I woke up with a major congested head, so this week should be a blur as well. Love life through a head cold's vision. ;) I predict lots of tv. And not much creative blogging. Oh, wait. That's normal ;)

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Sex at 11? Really? Oh brother!

Joanne said...

SIX years? You must be joking, right? Time to look up chastity belts on the internet...

Kate said...

Um-- HORROR!! But not uor boys... our boys are gonna be the 40 year-old virgin. Get em glasses and rub their faces with Crisco.

Anonymous said...

LOL...Kate, can my boys join that club, too?!

Giselle said...

Okay, so it was 12 years old...I was rounding down the years to freak myself out more. This gal's husband was 12 and did it with his 18 year old...wait for it...babysitter. Ew. And, um, illegal?

HawleyFamily said...

I am seriously horrified! My children are never allowed to leave the house! Joey, can you see if you can get a group discount on chastity belts? ACK!!!