Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August 4th

Last year, I remembered the date August 4th with a shudder. I called it, "The Day that Will Live in Infamy." Jeff told me that it wasn't very nice to call it that.

2 years ago, on August 4th, I got a positive pregnancy test that blew. my. mind. As you all know.

This year, it seems so far away. So far far away. And silly that I ever thought it so terrible. Of course we could handle it. Of course we were capable of taking care of 3 kids. Of course we would fall head-over-heels in love. Of course. Hind-sight, and all that.

So instead of remembering the "horrors" of August 4th, I will use the date as a reminder of one of life's greatest lessons to me. Even though I think I know the "best" path, even though I want to choose all of life's bends and hills and valleys, sometimes getting derailed ends up being the best thing of all. August 4th has taught me to not be scared of the unknown, but to have faith that I can prevail...and that really I'm just a big whiner. ;)



2 comments:

Mary O said...

What a cutie. My #3 baby was a happy accident too. Funny how things just seem to work out, right?

CARRIE said...

What is it about these surprise #3 babies. I always think of Oogway in Kung Fu Panda---there are no accidents---whenever I have momentary freakouts.