Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Care Bears

Won't you come to my house and play Care Bears for a while? Please? Pretty please? Save me from the repetitious boredom that is making me want to stick a fork in my ear.

Oh, I see. You want to know what you are in for? Okay...

Cast of Characters. The cast is always the same and all casting was chosen by Andrew. With one exception...the Prima Donna got to hand pick her role. Figures.

Andrew- Saint Bear (there is no such bear...for those of you less versed in the CB world)
...sometimes he is instead called Patriot Bear. I have a sneaking suspicion these are football teams.

Lily- Sunshine Bear (known in the actual show as "Funshine" Bear...no corrections are allowed by the Prima Donna...what she says goes)

Michael- Cupcake Bear (? origin unknown...also not an actual bear...and Mikey hates cake...?)

Mommy- Grumpy Bear (most accurate casting to date...except maybe for Shadow)

Daddy- Nighttime Bear (due to the fact that on the rare occasion that he is home and playing, Daddy doesn't even pretend to play and spends all the time lying on the floor sleeping as the game is played around him)

Shadow- Dummy Bear (my favorite character name...also not an actual bear...but oh-so-cute to hear Lily calling for Dummy)

Invisible Cast-

Shrinky (actual name on show= Shrieky)
Peasly (actual name=Beastly)
Uncle No-Heart
Sharp Tooth (T-Rex from a totally unrelated movie)

Okay...now that you know the characters, let's get the show started!

Sunshine and Saint Bear run up to Grumpy Bear. They exclaim about something that Shrinky and Peasly are doing. They swear they are going to save Cupcake and Dummy Bear from their evil plan. They run off. They begin shouting, "Ahhhh! Sharp Tooth!" and run around the house screaming at the top of their lungs. They suddenly turn and do the Care Bear Stare. Grumpy is expected to follow along, running and screaming and CareBearStaring. Or else, Grumpy Bear is suddenly transformed INTO No Heart, at which point Saint and Sunshine begin running away from me...I mean No Heart. Then again, sometimes, Grumpy Bear is addressed as Ducky, a character from the movie that Sharp Tooth comes from. And sometimes in the middle of it all, Cupcake Bear becomes a giant and we are served tea by Minnie Mouse.

It's all very confusing. Yet surprisingly repetitious.

Save me.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

You need to train them to play without you - isn't that the point of having more than one child? :-)

You could be works on the computer bear or eats brownies bear... I'll have a talk w/ Lily!

Kate said...

I'll have to find a new addictive video for your next visit. Danger Mouse? My Pretty Pony? Strawberry Shortcake. Pick your poison.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...sorry, but I'm happy that I'm not the only one trapped in role playing hell. Why do they have to tell us exactly what to say/do? I do have a brain, can't I be trusted to come up with my own lines? Oh wait, they don't like my lines. I usually say something like, "Oh, the kitty ran away and got squished by a car" or "Can baby fly? Let's find out."

Andrea said...

I get sucked into SCooby Doo hell at least 3 times a week. I am usually a monster - I never get to be a "meddling kid", which kind of makes me feel like the unpopular kid in the cafeteria but those are my own issues. I also get sucked into watching Star Wars plays with figurines. Yup, they are at leat 40 minutes long but thankfully have an intermission!

Erin said...

Kelsey's comment cracks me up. I'm always thinking, "there's TWO of you. Play TOGETHER dammit."

Playing care bears sounds actually worse than playing superheroes, which I didn't think was possible. I'm sorry.

CARRIE said...

You poor, poor thing.