Monday, August 31, 2009

I have a kid in "real" school

It's done! My baby is officially gone on the bus to school! Andrew woke up coughing and feeling under the weather. Great day to start a cold. I knew he wasn't feeling too bad when he began chasing Lily around the house mere moments after she came downstairs. We spent the morning twiddling our thumbs and waiting for 12:50 to arrive. We went to the grocery to pick out popcorn...because Andrew really really wanted popcorn. I wrote a note and stuck it in his lunchbox. I opened the lunchbox...and there was a note from Jeff to his boy. Good daddy.

It was really sunny...as you can tell by the squinting. Also? Didn't think about the dark door background making him look hairless. First child experimentation...






Andrew and his bus stop buddy, Lauren. We've been in playgroup with her for 3 years, so it was really nice for him to know who he was sitting next to on the bus.

Mommy and Andrew. Didn't think about ME getting in the pictures. First child experiment. When Lily gets on the bus, I'm going to get all done UP for those photos.
Dude, that bus pulled up and Andrew jumped up and down shouting in excitement and got on without even looking back at me. So that's how it is. I chased him down and made him kiss me. Lord only knows what Lily and Michael were doing at this time...

Waving from on the bus. So. Stinkin'. Cute.


So Andrew...my sweet boy that I love more than words can express. How far we've come together...and how far we have left to go. I've had the honor and fortune to stay at home with Andrew since the day he was born. We know each other well. Now is the start of a new era...the one where you apparently run away from your mother without even a goodbye ;) Oh, how I remember the days when I couldn't even leave the ROOM without him crying for me.
Let's watch almost 6 years go by, shall we? Sorry for some of the long long gaps in time...I was kind of just randomly picking and choosing files. We have THOUSANDS of photos of Andrew ;)

Biggest belly I ever had

Seriously, were we hit by a truck? We only had 1 baby for cripes sake.

Look at those giant hands...like predicting a puppy's size by its paws...

We get them started early in my family

At least he's not a naked Santa like his little brother...

Always a happy happy baby

Total Momma's boy...

Why didn't I get him into modeling...he's so cute!

Happy Independence Day!

1st Halloween...at a scary "pumpkin patch" in CA...

Tickles

He has always loved books...

He has almost always loved football

Sharing the limelight with his sister

Fierce

Still loves his Mommy...but not quite a Momma's boy anymore...

Born to be a big brother...he was so excited to get a baby brother...

I don't even remember what he's doing here...but this is a pure Andrew mischief face

Reading to Lily

Last week, loving on an animal...always the gentle spirit


Oh! How we enjoy you Andrew! Happy first day of school...you were born to do it...you'll love it... Just quit growing up so fast, would ya?

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I didn't cry at the bus stop when "Mrs. T" took my Lauren away. Didn't even look back on the walk home. And then I read your blog....and the synopsis of Andrew's (almost) 6 years already - complete with sentimental pictures and captions no less - and I just cried my eyes out. THANKS G!!! The flood of emotions finally hit me! Ah, Motherhood. "What a tangled web we weave, when first we decide to conceive", huh??!!! Very touching :)

Joanne said...

Thanks a lot. I'm crying here, too, Giselle! Reading the beginning made me a little teary, but then scrolling down and seeing you pregnant with him sent me over the edge!

Mary O said...

I'm glad the bus pick-up was a success! He looks so cute in the window!
We also have so many pictures where we look just terrible when our first was just a baby. Like we were taking care of a whole orphanage singlehandedly and not just ONE baby.

CARRIE said...

So glad he was gung-ho for the bus! And you got some time, hopefully, to vegetate with the little ones down.

Kelsey said...

He looks like such a big boy! I hope the first day was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! School is great for oh so many reasons (for both child and parent). Have a fabulous year of kinder Andrew!