Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Close your eyes...

...and listen to Lily.

Linda didn't even know her camera was taping...so it is really long and really hard to look at. But it is such a great sound bite of Lily...being Lily. So just close your eyes and listen to what I get to listen to about 50% of the time. The other 50% she is being cute. Wait. Perhaps that ratio is a bit off...I think she sounds like this a LOT of the time. ;)

In case you can't understand her, the conversation is basically this: Michael kicks her, Lily is hungry, she wants to eat now, she doesn't want to go to McDonald's and dip, she wants to eat, she wants to sit on the bench, she wants the shade, she insists the bench is in the shade, she wants to do it herself, she wants to go to the bench, she wants her mommy, she does not want Grandma to pick her up.

Now you know why I want to kill her or myself much of the time. She. never. lets. up.

We will survive. Both of us. Maybe. Does anyone know where a 2 year olds mute button is?

6 comments:

memere said...

We don't care. We love her anyway. I think she's so cute; whining and all.

Joanne said...

If you find that magical mute button, please tell me where it's located! Do you think it's in the same place on the 4-year-old model?

Emily said...

Yep, sounds like my house. Sometimes I just want to scream: can't you say ANYTHING without whining?!?

Unknown said...

You are such a patient mom!! But seriously, that strong personality will take her far in life- I don't see her letting anyone walk all over her!

Kelsey said...

I know that Harper and Andrew are alike in some ways, but he came without all the whiny drama, right?

I think Harper is actually an Andrew/Lily combo!

She's so sweet with that goofy grin and pinch-able cheeks, you can almost forgive the whining? Right?

Anonymous said...

I know 2-year-olds can be plugged up...with a sucker. It leaves a sticky mess and loads them with sugar but so worth the five minutes of peace and quiet :)