Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turning 32

On Friday, I turned 32. Linda took Andrew and Lily out the night before to shop for my presents. Lily had a definite idea of what she wanted to get me...a cat. A stuffed cat. I guess she could not be persuaded otherwise...they found the perfect one in the toy aisle...it even came with a baby bottle. Andrew didn't know what to get me, but as they walked in the front door, they saw the flower display. He told his grandma that it doesn't matter what they look like, just what they smell like. Which is really touching, because that is totally how I feel about flowers...I just had no idea he knew. They picked out a cake...Andrew insisted on marble and wanted the one with roses on it (since he got me roses). Lily wanted to get me a party hat, but Andrew suggested that they MAKE one. They came back home proud and excited and went to bed with plots and plans to make my birthday special. It's nice to be loved.

They woke up the next morning, and we had birthday doughnuts (day-old, but Whatev-) and opened all my presents by 7 am. I felt like my birthday was over before the sun had even come up all the way. ;) It was lovely...and I was just amused and touched by how excited the kids were.
In my birthday hat, with my roses.
My cat. I handed it over to Lily about 3 minutes after this photo was taken, and I haven't been allowed to touch it since.

Me with my whole crew. Notice how dark it is in the background. This photo has a time stamp of 7:01 am. Crazy. ;)

That night we had steaks and mushrooms and cake and yummo! Mike and I pose in front of my birthday sign.

Cousin Ryan reading to Andrew and Lily. Earlier in the evening, Uncle Dave joked with Lily not to get too close to Ryan because he was big and might throw her over the deck. She did not understand the humor, and ran away from Ryan crying and burying herself in pillows. Ryan won her over eventually...Uncle Dave learned that sarcasm is lost on a 2 year old.

Mike enjoying my cake. Marble is good!


3 comments:

Kelsey said...

OMG that's EARLY to be doing anything but stumbling around... and you look so peppy in the pictures. :-)

Hope Jeff celebrates you properly now that you're home.

CARRIE said...

So glad you had a nice birthday! I try to have a birthday month. Do special things for myself the entire month of September....

Sara said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had fun!