Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Easy decorating...poor photography

My house is rather void of decorations. Just not my thing, honestly. I appreciate it in other people's houses, but I lack the ability to envision what I want and to spend money on it.

However, I have always envisioned decorating Lily's room with frogs. Do you know how hard it is to find girl room decorations with frogs? Especially for someone not really looking very hard for it?

So imagine my delight when I was at Target looking at kitchen cabinet hardware...and there was a cheap-o package of wall stickers for a girl...with frogs. My favorite kind of shopping...the "I happened upon it" find. ;)



And since I was shopping with all 3 children, I had to get some for Michael and Andrew also. Michael has been so excited about his wall decorations, that I feel horribly guilty for just leaving up the guest room pictures for so long instead of putting up nursery or little boy decorations. Loser mom.











Andrew's room was already covered in sports posters, NFL pendants, etc. But he picked out more sports stickers and added them to his crowded walls. At least he's consistent.




6 comments:

Memere said...

How absolutely adorable. Oh my Lily pad! Cars, trucks and buses. My boy must be in heaven. Good job Mom

d e v a n said...

Super cute! LOVE the frogs and the big car!

CARRIE said...

Guess who's going to totally steal your cute decorating idea tomorrow?????

bluedaisy said...

First- I like the new blog design :) Great stickers...The Lilypad is adorable!! When we put the boys into a room together, I picked out sheets, a lamp and wall stickers at Target as well. I thought they had very cute things & the prices were really reasonable! The rooms look great!

Anonymous said...

Love the LilyPad! See, there is a creative streak in you after all;) I just discovered wall stickers myself. I love how forgiving they are. If it looks lame, they're easy to peel off the wall and try again.

bluedaisy said...

BTW- Thank you so much for the packing advice--I am definitely going to use your idea of having things packed in the van the night before. That one idea alone will prevent me from leaving too many things for the morning of.