Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kiawah pics





I am afraid that when there are 2 parents and 3 children...there just isn't anyone to take pictures. I wish I had more variety...but we obviously only remembered to get out our camera a handful of times... I promise I'll link to my sister's blog when she posts pictures there.


Michael and his precious "Pe". He was always asking where Pepere was, "Where Pe go?" or what he was doing, "Wha da doin', Pe?". He adores his Pepere.

Andrew and Colin walking to the nature center...melt melt melt.


Michael pointing out fish at the nature center.

Lily the turtle




Lily posing with a real live baby turtle. Smiles like her Aunt Andrea in pictures :)



Michael kept running to these sculpture in the shopping area and yelling "Rog! Rog!" so I just had to take a picture.


The boys hanging out. Moments before Colin dove in and tried to fit.


Jeff took lots of photos of their trip to the point. Here is Andrew posing with a freshly dead horseshoe crab.


One of the 3 sea stars Andrew threw back into the ocean.

Teeny tiny hermit crab. Jeff said they took this picture before they realized there were about a hundred huge ones up ahead. And then didn't think the take another picture of a slightly more impressive crab. Oh well.



Oh! I forgot to mention the sting rays! I thought I saw one swimming with us the first day, and then when they went for their walk, they saw 2 get caught by fishermen. Who were crabbing...but the rays kept stealing their bait. All were thrown back...no worries.


Hermit crabs


Shark egg pod. Or thingy. Whatever the technical biological term is.

Blue crab with a smaller one tucked underneath. Andrew said it was a mother protecting her baby. I'm pretty sure crabs don't protect their young. But I wasn't about to explain how crabs do the nasty...so....

Pepere under attack!
Eating ice cream in Charleston. This trip was not a total disaster...but I don't think we'll be bringing the kids into the city for a few more years.
Jeff's favorite restaurant.


Fountain park



In true Andrew form, he was very hesitant to play in the fountains. He pouted and refused to get in...until about 5 minutes before we were ready to leave. -sigh- At least he got a few minutes in, right?

On the way back to the car from the fountain park, I spied some random guy walking around with his pet snake. We crossed the street and asked if we could meet his pet. He was VERY nice, and even let the boys hold her. Pretty cool.


Michael helping put up the cabana. He would squat and watch very solemnly, and then when Pepere would tell him, he would fill up the holes with sand. So cute.




The boys caught anoles outside the house!
Oh my gosh. That is is. Not even one picture of Lily in her cute swimsuit. I hope Kate got some!

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Cute pics. It looks like a great vacation!