Monday, July 26, 2010

SSC Week 6

Monday- Smelly painting...mix a package of colored drink mix to 2 Tbsp of water to make a smelly watercolor paint. Paint...when dry it should still smell.

Tuesday- Take a trip...the weather has cooled down, so either we'll try out the zoo (uh...yikes), go to the main library and explore the area around it, or finally go to Jeff's office...since that hasn't seemed to work out lately.

Wednesday- Sugar crystal necklaces...exploring solutions and evaporation...mix sugar into water until it cannot dissolve anymore. Pour a little bit into the bottom of a pie pan. Drape string across the pie plate allowing the middle to dip into the sugar water. Cover with wax paper. When the water has evaporated, it will leave sugar crystals on the string...Yummo!

Thursday- Ice cream in a bag...I have this science experiments for kids book that has a little project for making ice cream in ziploc baggies. We'll see... Also, we never went on our ABC scavenger hunt last week, so I'm going to fit that in again on this day.

Friday- Fruit S'mores...graham crackers, marshmallow fluff, chocolate icing, and apple slices=no fire needed s'mores. Since Jeff will be gone, I'm thinking of making it a mock-cookout/camping trip. Maybe have lunch or dinner outside, etc. We'll see.


Also on the plate for this week...lots of park visits since the weather seems to have broken out of the 100s for a change, a visit to a friend's pool for afternoon cool-off and ordering pizza to the pool (Jeff will be out of town), trying out the slip-n-slide that Grandma brought during her visit this past weekend, and hopefully I'll be able to finagle a playdate or two. ;)

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Fun, fun, fun! I may have to steal a couple of these ideas!

CARRIE said...

Way to make the rest of us moms look bad.... ;)
I think I might fix the kids dry cereal for breakfast most days this week. Yay me!

Giselle said...

Carrie- Let's just review that the summer I had a baby, Andrew watched so much GSN in the afternoons that he was approaching my friends and telling them, "You know you can get cash for your gold." And he was 4.

Not trying to make you feel bad...just desperately trying to make the days pass more meaningfully and with fewer thoughts of burying them in the backyard. ;)

CARRIE said...

I know, I know. I keep telling myself that next summer it will be better. M will be almost 2, G will be almost 4 and N will be 7. It won't always be this insane.