Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lemonade stand

He really wanted to do it.

He planned out how much he wanted to sell it for. "10 cents, Mom. Because it is really easy to add up. You know, if someone wants 4 cups of lemonade I will just know that it will be 40 cents."

He labored over the sign...I love the little person saying "Yumy". You can't see it in these pictures...but it's there.

He helped stir up the lemonade. He reminded me to get cups. Red ones, because people will like red cups.

If you drove by, could you resist this cute lemonade stand?


But people did. What shocked me was that he waved enthusiastically at each car, and most didn't even acknowledge him with a wave back. This is a child-friendly neighborhood...not Wall Street on a busy day. Even if you don't want the slightly suspect lemonade, smile at the darned kid, daggnabit!
-
He handled the rejection well. He had 3 customers all day. If you didn't have a dime, oh well. Andrew didn't offer change. One nice man (who has 3 kids of his own), stopped his car and got out in his 3-piece suit and gave Andrew $1, "Because this is such refreshing lemonade." I almost hugged him, Andrew was so thrilled.
-
Andrew learned a lot. He learned we need to set up in a better location...not nearly enough traffic goes by our house. He learned that he needs a smaller pitcher so that he doesn't spill twice as much as he gets into the cup. He learned not to put ice in people's cups with his fingers.
-
I also advised him to get rid of his grumpy business partner with the 50lb diaper:
He's bad for business and drinks all the product.


Total numbers for the day? 3 customers. $2.50 earned. Smiles and pride uncountable.
Success!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness ME!! That little guy's gonna be a linebacker in a few years! How CUTE.

Sorry I didn't pass by Mr. Handsome's stand today; I'd have bought him out. What a little trooper. I think you have a real entrepreneur on your hands! Oh, and the kitchen's really beautiful. You all did a fabulous job on your choices. Now you have me inspired to get off my rear and do something about mine.

Kathy C.

CARRIE said...

Such a sweet story. And as much as I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Andrew as entrepreneur, I got the biggest laugh out of the 50 lb diaper. Sometimes I hose G and M in their diapers just to see how big those things can get.

TOO FUNNY!

Kelsey said...

Oh Giselle - you are a good mom.I don't know if I would have been supportive of such an endeavor because I'm too lazy.

Aunt Sara said...

Giselle, I saw a lemonade stand today and after reading this blog I couldn't resist stopping. We got 2 cups of lemonade and 2 cookies!