Friday, July 23, 2010

They make me laugh everyday

Andrew, Jeff, and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking. Andrew was describing, in detail, the characteristics of his made-up Pokemon. I don't buy the cards for him, but he has been making his own out of paper-covered cardboard. Anyhoo, he's sitting there describing how Plad (his Pokemon) can shoot hurricanes out of his nostrils, and I suddenly remembered something he'd told me earlier in the day. When there was a pause in the description, I interjected, "Hey, Andrew, did you tell me that you have another loose tooth? Which tooth is it?"

He points in his mouth and answers, "Yes, I think this tooth is starting to get loose." A brief pause. "Wow, Mom. That was really off topic."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took the 3 kids to a friend's neighborhood pool yesterday...by myself. I KNOW. And no one drowned. :) Anyway, Lily and Michael were taking turns playing on the steps of the pool while I would take them one by one out into the water. I was getting tired, so I asked Lily if she would like to go play in the little pool (baby pool) for a while.

She stood up on the step, put her hands on her hips and said, "No way. It is really warm in there. And the boys are acting Cr-aaaaaaa-zy." Insert waving hands over head with the crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew jumped off the diving board about 25 times. The second time, he did a huge belly flop. When he climbed out of the water he rubbed his tummy and said, "Man! I think I jumped on a rock in there."

3 comments:

Steven said...

Is the Tooth Fairy ready? Catch her in the act and prove she is real! http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com

Free with code: Fairy-Wings

d e v a n said...

haha! Love the funnies!

bluedaisy said...

I love Andrew's observation of your 'off topic' question!