Thursday, August 19, 2010

Okay, so this didn't work

I had this idea to handwrite a blog post while in jury duty today, so that you guys could see what my handwriting looks like. But it turns out that my handwriting is too small and I am not savvy enough on the computer to make it legible. You can enlarge the sample below, but it's just too small to read.


Here's what it says:

August 19, 2010
A Blog Entry from the Jury Lounge, Bucks Co., PA

It's going to be a long day...but a blissfully quiet, unconnected day. I enjoyed reading the entries from others with their handwriting revealed...so why not? This is a good distraction from the waiting for news, anyway.

Ah, the news. Waiting to find out if we are moving...again...to a new state...again. It's quite a bit like being 10 months pregnant and waiting to give birth. Each day you wake up thinking this could be the day your life changes. You know that it also means a disruption of "normal" days, a lack of sleep, and emotional rollercoaster. That life will resume a natural rhythm in 6 months to a year, but life will never be the same. But when will it happen...this seismic tremor to our life...will it happen today? Tomorrow? At least with pregnancy you know they will induce or at the very least cut that little one out. But with waiting for the news of a move...all this anticipation and worry may be all for nothing. The job could be offered to another, and then we are back to square one...Jeff unhappy and searching. And then we'll be back to this place we are in now...again and again until the inevitable move happens.

We haven't been talking to our families during this process...because why get them worked up if it ends up being nothing? But I am a talker...a worrier...a planner...and it drives me CRAZY keeping it in. Until we find out we aren't actually moving. And then I'm glad that they weren't drawn into it.

Ugh. I know that if this is the worst part of my life...this frequent moving...then I am a lucky, lucky person. But let's just get ON with it, already!

Giselle

3 comments:

CARRIE said...

D is going through an "unhappy" spell at his work. He has been there 10 years, so he doesn't really want to change companies. And in this economy? It seems kind of pointless to search.
But living with a man discontented with his job is it's own special ring of hell. Because so much of their identity is their job.
I feel kinda sorry for them.
But still irritated.
Move to Louisville again, ok?

bluedaisy said...

Wow- that is alot to have on your mind!! If you do end up moving, we have to make sure to meet just once while we have the opportunity. I estimate that we are about an hour's drive away from each other right now. Because that should be your priority if a move becomes reality...to meet me in person (LOL). Hope you get an answer either way very soon :)

Kate said...

As bad as everything is for Jeff-- there is one silver lining. He is at the very least in control of his destiny. He might be miserable, but is employed. Which is what I tell myself, too.