Saturday, June 02, 2007

A game called "grow"

Life is a game to Andrew. A competition, actually. A competition where he'd better win, or there's going to be quite the tantrum. Much of his vernacular is associated with sports as well. He doesn't hold his pee, he "blocks" it. As in, "Andrew, do you have to use the potty?" "No, Mom, I'm blocking it."

Here's a story I have to write down before I forget it. I can't believe it's taken me this long to record it.

While on vacation, he told someone (and I can't remember who, now) this, "Lily and I are playing a game called 'grow', and I'm winning. Because I came out of my mommy's tummy first." Let's all laugh and then roll our eyes. Mr. Competition. At least this is one game he'll always be winning.

***Andrew is getting ready for bed right now. I have to tell you that he's been going to bed with just pajama bottoms on. He wants to sleep, "With no pajamas like Uncle Chad". Apparently Uncle Chad sleeps with no shirt. And after our trip to Texas, everything Uncle Chad does is cool. ***

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

Oh I can so relate to the competitive spirit. Norah has to be the "leader," all the time, which her daddy always forgets which causes endless frustration. The other day Norah and Allie (Angie's girl) nearly came to blows over who would be first to a door. Geez.

Kelsey said...

Especially since he's a boy, it's likely that Andrew will always be winning the grow game!