Friday, June 29, 2007

Nibbles

Nakedness is not a big deal at our house. I've always freely gotten dressed in front of Andrew, and never was bothered by his curiosity with my body. I always thought it was a great learning experience. But I knew that it would have to end sometime. I just never knew when or how I would know.

I think it's time.

Andrew is starting to watch me get undressed with a half embarrassed half mischievious look on his face, like he's thinking, "I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing." Yesterday, I was changing into my swimsuit and he got that look on his face and started moving towards me. He said, "Mommy, when you are naked I want to touch your..."
I interrupted quickly and said, "You can't touch Mommy's breasts because they are a private area. No one touches private areas except for doctors, right?" (and Daddy...but I'm trying to get Daddy to stop groping in front of Andrew so this doctor line will stick. It's never too early to start teaching kids about appropriate touching, I figure.)
Andrew says, smirking, "No, I want to touch your arm. See, I'm touching your arm. I won't touch your nibbles."

Which makes me want to giggle. I friggin' LOVE that he called nipples "nibbles". It sounds so cute. The other day, we were at Sesame Place with a friend, and Andrew touched Matthew's chest. He looked at me and said, "Look, Mom! Matthew has nibbles!"

Anyhoo, due to all the smirking and such, I think it's time to be more modest. I thought I'd have a little longer...but there can't be any nibble touching. :)

No comments: