Sunday, June 03, 2007

If Lily were my 1st child...

...I'd swear she'd said her first word this evening. She was sitting in her highchair while we ate dinner babbling away. Jeff sat down and she was in the middle of a stream of "Da-da-da's". We congratulated her and said yes, that's Dada, Jeff pointing at himself, etc etc., trying to start getting it into her head that these babbles can actual communicate meaning. She was facing Jeff the whole time, kind of grinning and looking at him like he was crazy. Then she very purposefully turned and looked directly at me and said, "Mama". Just that. No other babbles. Sure sounded like she was processing that Jeff was Dada and turned to tell me that I'm Mama. We of course went bananas!

But since she's the second child, I'm chalking it up to a coincidence. I won't believe it until she gives me a repeat performance. And maybe one more after that. ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I vote that you better write that down as her first word! Yay, Lily!

It's okay to believe that she's advanced... girls are just full of fun little surprises. Believe in her!

Kelsey said...

How exciting! I wouldn't put it past her to be a smart little girl. I was NEVER sure what Harper's first word was. The is it babble, is it a word game was too tough with her. I guess it's time to pull out the baby book and look at what I decided.