Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Grumpy

Lordy, I am a grump. And I have been for over a week. I think it's the heat. I hate being hot. Bring on the blankets and boots. I HATE hot. I'm just grumpy. I'm grumpy at my kids, grumpy at my husband, grumpy with my friends. Grumpy. If you type that word enough it really starts to seem weird.

So that's why I haven't been blogging much. Grumpy. Grouchy. Irritable. Isn't my family lucky to hang out with me?

Here's a cute(?) Andrew story to tide you over until my grumps go away and I once again feel witty and positive about my life.

A few nights ago at dinner, Andrew was having a ham sandwich. I know, he should have been eating salmon like the rest of us, but I'm too grumpy to fight him. He wouldn't eat the sandwich by himself this night...he wanted his dad to feed him. He missed his dad just a tad during our week apart. So Jeff is holding the sandwich and giving Andrew bites. At one such offering Andrew rejected it, saying, "No, Dad, you aren't holding it right." So Jeff scoffs and declares that Andrew should do it, and hands the sandwich back to the Prince. Andrew takes the sandwich, holds it up to his mouth, just so, and pretends to eat a bite, saying, "Like this,Dad, see?" Then the little imp hands the sandwich back to his dad so he can continue to feed him.

We would have been exasperated if we weren't laughing so hard.

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

I got the grumps too. Permanently.

Erin said...

Hey Grumpster,
Hope you're feeling better. I just wanted to say thanks for your comments yesterday. I am with ya, that sometimes letting "nature takes its course" is not the best option. Anyway, thanks.

You know what makes me feel better these days when I'm grumpy? Popsicles! They are perfect for long, hot summer days. Plus they turn your mouth all funky colors like bright red or green or purple.