Saturday, July 05, 2008

The amazing exploding toddler

Lily woke up from her nap today screaming. Which is very unusual for her. Although she treats us to an ear-shattering scream at least once an hour, Lily is quite happy when she wakes up. So I rush* upstairs, only to find her COVERED in poop that has exploded out of her diaper. She has touched it with her hand and is very disturbed by this...hence the screaming.

Lucky for me, it wasn't the middle of the night, Jeff was home for the weekend, and Jeff's parents were downstairs. So I had someone** there to draw a bath for Lily, hold Michael, entertain Andrew, strip the sheets, etc. If ever there was a time to have poop everywhere...this was it!

* "rush" is relative to the placement of the child. If my 1st born had uttered this type of scream during a nap, I would have dropped anything and everything I was doing and literally ran up the stairs to save my baby. Since it was my second child, "rush" meant looking at the monitor in a confused way, waiting a minute to see if she would go back to sleep, and then finishing what I was doing and moseying up the steps. With my 3rd, I will likely turn the monitor off and get up there when I get up there.

**"someone" also includes me. I may be a slave driver, but I don't make Jeff do EVERYTHING. Well, not every weekend.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you had helpers for your pooptastrophe.

Andrea said...

That happened to Rachel on Mother's day!!! Thankfully ROb had not yet left for work so I had some help as well!