Monday, July 21, 2008

A year ago...a year from now

Hmmm, a great blog I read inspired me to do this little exercise. I am finding it fun to just think about, so I thought I'd actually write it down.

A year ago I had a 3 1/2 year old and an 9 month old. I had just weaned Lily the month before, so I was enjoying drinking summery alcoholic beverages and letting other people feed her bottles. I had just gotten back from my first trip to NYC ever! I was either not pregnant or just not aware of it yet...certainly a 3rd child was the furthest thing from my mind. Heavens, Lily had JUST started crawling! She looked like this. Never in a million years would I have imagined she would be the middle child soon! I was starting to focus on losing a little bit of myself...specifically the fatty parts in the middle and rear.

A year from now I will have a 5 1/2 year old about to start kindergarten (yikes), a 2 1/2 year old maybe potty trained? (aren't girls supposed to be quicker?), and a 15 month old maybe walking (this is my child we're talking about). And that's ALL the children we will have. I am determined! Jeff and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. I swear we're going to do something fun. ;) We will have lived in one place for almost 3 years!!! Almost. Maybe we'll have bought curtains by then. Half of Jeff's plant will shut down July 1st, 2009, so perhaps Jeff will be in a new job. Maybe we won't be living here after all. Maybe I will have permanently lost part of myself...you know, the part in the middle and the rear.

There, now wasn't that fun? You try.

2 comments:

Swistle said...

So fun! It's so crazy to think that baby wasn't even STARTED yet!

Kelsey said...

Giselle,

You have definitely had many years in which things happened rapid-fire for you. I can't believe you and Jeff have already been married for (nearly) nine years!