Thursday, July 31, 2008

Little guy

How about an update on Michael? I feel sometimes like I need a blog for each of my 3 children. I just can't keep up with all the stories and happenings for each of them. I have an entire blog of material for Lily, easily. But since I can't even keep writing for this blog, I'd better not start another.

So...Michael is going to be 4 months in just 10 days. Oh, how he is changing.

--found his feet yesterday...just kept reaching down and grabbing them...so pleased with himself.

--he's sucking his thumb a lot lately. He likes the pacifier when we're cuddling him to sleep, but he just won't keep it in himself. He spits the thing out immediately if we're not holding it in. But the thumb seems to be growing on him.

--the giggles...oh, the giggles. He is quite ticklish, so that is the easiest way. But as the days pass, he seems to find other things funny. He sneezed the other day and that made him giggle. Dancing with him makes him giggle. Pat-a-cake can make him giggle.

--(shhh, come closer...he's slept 8 hour in a row for 2 nights now...and since he's doing so well, I think we'll go on vacation tomorrow and ruin it).

--His favorite place to be is in the thick of things. Nothing is more fascinating that people. Toys are a waste of time...he'd rather watch his siblings or parents. And such a happy little thing. Doesn't have a fussy time like the other two did. And he's tough. Lily fell on top of him the other day (she was spinning around to make herself dizzy while I changed his bedsheet...I swear, turn your back for 1 second...), and Michael cried, but he recovered very quickly. He's just happy.

I swear to you, I couldn't love this kid any more than I do. And he is so in love with me. It's good to be the milk-maker. We were walking in to drop Andrew off at camp yesterday, and Michael was looking up at me from the stroller. A woman I don't know, walking in behind me commented, "Oh. Just look at how he gazes at you and smiles. He's in love."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Giselle -
Please ask your elusive husband to check in with his long-lost buddies on the fantasy football website. We miss him. He knows the website.
Love,
Anonymous male buddy from 110 Lawnview