Monday, February 08, 2010

Busy in a not busy kind of way

A few things:

-- I had my root canal on Friday morning. It didn't hurt, but it sounded awful. My mouth is still in constant nagging pain (it is Monday morning). I am still killing off my liver slowly by taking a constant stream of Tylenol/Motrin/Tylenol/Motrin. I am still eating solely on one side of my mouth. Now the teeth surrounding the affected tooth are hurting. And my gums. And my cheek. And sometimes my nose. I am starting to think this will never feel better and I will always have chronic pain.

-- Jeff didn't want to miss his traditional Superbowl foods, so he still had chips and got a hoagie from Sarcone's Deli anyway. And then moaned with pleasure as he ate food that I cannot share in. I had leftover Sloppy Joes... Solidarity my ASS.

-- I am finally starting to get ready for CALIFORNIA. I will be getting on the plane in 120 hours. I still have to call Pamela and find out what the weather is like. I don't even care that I might STILL not be able to eat my favorite SoCal foods. Vacation here I come!

-- I am quite nervous about the actual "getting there" part of the trip (I know, I can hear you crying for me from over here). I've always hated airports...I abhor crowds and I'm always frantic about getting to where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there. Also? I haven't flown by myself since August of 2003. So it's been a while. And I haven't even flown period since Dec. 2006. So...yea.

-- Andrew was totally totally excited about the Superbowl. He tattooed himself with Saints logos, he excitedly prepared food and watched a lot of the pre-game hoopla. But when the game started, he was right there on the floor...wrestling with his sister. When I had a "picnic" with her, he sat facing away from the tv. We've decided that Andrew likes the "idea" of football...not so much the actual game.

-- Lily is in desperate need of some "getting out of the house" time. She was sick last Sunday, and the only 3 outings she's had in 7 days are a trip to the library, school on Wednesday, and church yesterday. But she's been playing quite nicely around the house. But she is BOSSY. Yesterday she actually put her hand on her hip, shook her pointer finger at me, and said, "Mommy! If you don't play airport with me, I'm going to turn your computer off!"

-- Michael, my delightfully voracious eater, is officially picky. I know it is normal for this age, but it is so sad to watch him turn away food that just a few weeks ago he couldn't eat fast enough. It has happened so fast, I don't even know what to feed him anymore. And I have to change the way I treat him too. I used to let him snack whenever he wanted, because I knew he'd still eat the healthy stuff later. Not anymore. Le-sigh.

-- It snowed this weekend in the Mid-Atlantic...in case you hadn't heard. Although I say we're from Philly, we are obviously NOT, because we *only* got around a foot of snow. I think Philly proper got twice that. But still fun snow. Not that I would know. I hid inside all weekend, feeling quite ouchy. Andrew went out for about 20 minutes and when he came back inside he declared, "This isn't fun snow." It was that heavy wet snow that you can't really sled in and it was too high for him to stomp around in very easily. It would have been more fun yesterday, but with church and swim lessons and the Superbowl...he just didn't get out in it. As parents, I guess you could say we suck. Jeff did "play" for 3 hours...the length of time it took him to shovel our driveway. Good times.

Lordy, this post is lame even for me. Tomorrow I go back for Root Canal Part Deux. The infection inside my tooth was so bad that he filled it with medicine instead of the filler they usually do. So back I go to finish it up. But I'm convinced he's going to tell me that the infection has spread to my other teeth, or I have gum disease now, or whatever. I'm about to the point that I'm just going to pull all my teeth, take a blow torch to the raw ends of the nerves, and go about the rest of my days with a cool set of removable dentures that I can scare children with.

Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish today was Friday! I wish my chores and errands were all done so I can relax and enjoy your visit. I wish I was on my way to the airport to pick you up. By myself. All alone. No one in the backseat making me listen to THEIR music. Four more days!!!!

CARRIE said...

Is someone spending too much time on the computer, or is this just typical, "You must give me ALL your attention ALL the time" kid stuff? I almost hate to give my kids attention because then they expect it and act all shitty.