Monday, February 20, 2012

Catching up

I didn't mention this last week, but when I took all 3 kids to the doctor last week they had to get weighed.  Michael was 38.0 pounds.  Lily was 38.12 pounds.

Heh.  Heh.  He's catching up!  They already wear the same size shoe, and it's getting harder to tell their voices apart.  You'd think this would bother Lily...but she is like a small terrier or dachshund.  She's so used to going up against giant Andrew, that she's learned height doesn't matter.  She can and will and does emotionally dominate them.

Atta girl.


As a side note into how we are training Lily to dominate the men in her life...

Lily was cuddling with Jeff and I on Sunday morning.  She asked for something and I told her to ask Dad, since he's the boss of the family.  She emphatically shook her head and said, "No.  Mommy is the boss."  Then she went on to say, "And Grandma is in charge of Grandpa and Memere is in charge of Pepere."  Jeff just smiled, rolled his eyes, and nodded.  My poor future son-in-law.

5 comments:

memere said...

Atta a girl. A legacy is passed on.

Kelsey said...

Love it! And holy cow... My Michael weighs more than both your Michael and Lily - he's tipping the scales between 41 and 42 pounds. So much for that preemie thing.

Pamela said...

So true! But some days I would like a day off from being the boss. Since I'm the boss I guess I could give myself one. But wouldn't the whole house and all the children in it fall apart???? Oh, the chaos!!!!

Nope. They'd probably love it if Mom chilled for a day, lol.

Andrea said...

Joey and Rachel are the same height. She gets beyond pissed when someone asks if they are twins! Poor girl!

CARRIE said...

And yet we don't have a matriarchy running the world as a whole. Something is wrong with this picture.

Oh, and then there's my hoss of a 2-year-old. In October he was 36 pounds.