Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's week

The kids went to our gym on Saturday night for a special "Valentine's Kids Night Out."  They had pizza, a craft, and a bounce house.  Andrew got to go swimming.  Jeff and I went out to dinner.  It was lovely.  Well, Andrew didn't have much fun...but it was lovely for the rest of us.

Today was Lily's Valentine's party.  We stopped at the grocery and picked up some (cheap) little bouquets of mini carnations for her teachers.  She was so so so excited to give them.  I'm glad she didn't hear the snarky mom in the hallway say, "Oh brother.  Now we're giving presents to teachers for Valentine's Day?  Make the rest of us look bad, why don't you."  She did not know that Lily belonged to me...I don't think. Now Lily is sugared up and hyper...but she just gave a piece of her candy to Michael without being asked.  So I love her despite the hyperactivity.

Tomorrow is Michael and Andrew's parties.  I don't know if we'll do flowers or not...the boys have expressed no desire to give their teachers anything. 

Wow.  This is a truly thrilling post.  I am a bit rusty at this, is all.  Must.  Get. Motivated. To. Be Funny...

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ack! Sorry you overheard that other mother's comment, and sorry she made it. Just because Lily wanted to give flowers doesn't mean everyone has to. Some insecurity speaking I think.

Harper asked if I would buy some chocolate for her teacher because the teacher really likes it. I agreed. And yet I feel no need to rush out and buy something for Michael's teachers! :-)

bluedaisy said...

Agree with Kelsey- that's more about the other mom's issues. I am sure the teacher appreciated it & flowers are nice option (instead of more candy). Liam had his party today, Michael's is tomorrow and Chloe's is Wednesday- very fun in spite of the sugar rush :)
I feel you on the blog writing- I've been struggling myself. Everything I write, I think "Who cares?". Just need to find the groove but at least you've been using your time for other worthwhile things!