Friday, September 14, 2007

Magazines


Andrew has more magazine subscriptions than I do. Which is fine. We look forward to getting them in the mail, and even more we enjoy reading them, playing the games in them, etc etc. It's a nice change from the constant reading of books.


This morning, I am not feeling well. I am fighting the urge to puke with all my heart and soul...mostly because I don't want to fix another breakfast. How lazy is that? But I already threw up my first breakfast...fixing 3 breakfasts in one morning seems a bit extreme.


What does this mean for my children? I am snippy and short and quite a bit neglectful. I made them both breakfast, got them dressed...what more do they want. I have been desperately trying to zombify Andrew in front of the tv...but he just wants to play with me. -sigh- I keep telling him to give me a little bit, I don't feel well. My tummy is sick. Finally, when he tried to shove a bucket on my head, I snapped at him, "Just a minute or two! That's all I ask! Go play by yourself!"


Andrew climbed up on the couch and began reading the new magazine that we got yesterday in the mail. This particular magazine is way too advanced for him, and has things like questionaires in it. Since it was a gift, we just keep receiving it, and we enjoy the pictures and what articles we can get through. Andrew is leafing through the magazing while I watch the Today show.


He suddenly says, "Mommy, I want to ask you 3 questions from this magazine."

"Okay," I respond.

"Who is one person that is being very mean to her children today?"


Which makes me laugh like a crazy person. What a weirdo. Now if I could just feel better...I could actually enjoy him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is a funny smarty!

CARRIE said...

Ahhhh, they learn young how to nail you right in the heart.

Kelsey said...

Aaahhh, it was fun to come back and read your many posts from last week. I'm glad Andrew is liking school so much. How is Lily these days? :-)