Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mommy's job


I just finished reading this little girl's sweet response to the question, "What is Mommy's job?". It makes me smile and get a little teary. A very different response than what I got last week when Andrew was asked the same question.

Andrew, "Daddy is at work, right?"

Giselle, "Yes, he sure works hard at his job. Does Mommy have a job?"

Andrew, "Yes."

G, "What's my job, Andrew?"

A, "Feeding Nemo."


Yes, that's right. All the things I do during the day, and the first thing that pops into Andrew's head is that I feed the damn fish. (who is miraculously still alive, I might add).

Ah, what a legacy I leave behind.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Aw Giselle, that's just Andrew's way of expressing what a wonderful care-taker you are, down to the littlest creature. The least among us and all that. He's really recognizing what a kind and loving heart you have. I'm sure he'll explain this when he is a little older.

Also, I ALWAYS wanted one of those huge lollipops as a kid and my mom would NEVER buy them. Oh the trauma.