Sunday, September 30, 2007

Psssssstttt.....

Come a little closer. I don't want to talk to loudly, lest I jinx myself.

A little bit closer. I'm just going to whisper this next part.

Okay. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I'm on Day #3 of no puking. I know, I know, it is a miracle worthy of notifying the Vatican. Today I haven't even been tempted to puke. And I had Skyline for lunch (if you don't know what that is, go to Cincinnati and ask for chili on spaghetti). That makes some non-pregnant people want to puke. Can you grasp the amazingness of this??? I think I was about 16 weeks pregnant before I had ONE puke free day with Lily...and I puked several times a week until well past 20 weeks. Could I possibly pass through the worst of "morning/all day" sickness with the passing of my first trimester? There would be no need to chuck "What to Expect When You're Expecting" right through the window on week 13 when it says, 'By now you should be feeling better, with the nauciousness passing" Oh, Holy Heavens. Now that I've whispered this, I'll probably throw up 5 times tomorrow. But regardless...this is going much better than the last time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled blogging.

Edited to add: I kid you not...15 minutes after smugly posting this, I suddenly went upstairs and turned inside out. Had a magnificent technicolor spew. Ralphed. Upchucked. Puked. Threw up. You get the idea. Luckily, Skyline was long gone. Sadly, the piece of pumpkin pie was not...what a waste. I'll have to see if I can keep another piece of that down. But 2 days ain't shabby, right? I have no one but myself to blame for jinxing day number 3. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't hear you say ANYTHING.

Anonymous said...

Next time knock on some wood. Well maybe #3 will give Mom a slight break...or maybe not! Hang in there. Suzie is coming.

Erin said...

Oh Giselle, I'm sorry!! I feel this way about baby sleep habits. Whenever I speak positively about them, we are thrown into Sleepless Hell. But puking... that's much worse than not sleeping. So sorry.

Kelsey said...

I keep typing, then deleting, encouraging things. I don't want to be the one to jinx you next!

CARRIE said...

If you weren't so darn miserable while pregnant, it would be fun for me if you were constantly and forever pregnant because your pregnancy blogs are just so funny.