Monday, March 16, 2009

Mayday...Mayday...

Oh. My. God. I am such a wimp.

I HATE staying at home. I am the worst "stay-at-home" mother ever in existance.

We are entering day 7 of Operation "Stay at home with sick kids."

I can feel my mental state cracking wide open.

Took Michael back to the doctor. Since last appointment, his eyes have started gumming shut, he has diarrhea, he is coughing like mad, he is pulling his ears, and he is not eating. Okay, so we are forcing down about 16 ounces of formula a day...but that's nothing!

Diagnosis? He's got a bug...bad. Now he's on steroids for his lungs, antibiotics for his ear/sinus infection, and nebulizer (which seems like a hoax...I swear he's been on it since January and it does nothing...). He's lost a pound this past week...back down to 18 1/2 pounds.

This morning I was getting up with him at 2:30 am and I wrenched my neck. I am now in agonizing pain when I move my head or pick up things. Which is a problem since Michael wants to be carried around all the time.

Andrew is coughing so I decided to keep him home from school. Really it was just so I didn't have to load and unload the kiddies 2 more times today.

Lily is a BEAR. Still coughing and running out the nose. She is 2 to the 10th degree today. Not helped by her grouchy-ouchy-sleep deprived mommy and her bored annoying brother.

They don't even want to watch tv anymore (although they are watching it right now because I've bribed them with chocolate chip cookies At 10am). But I can't do much with them because I'm constantly pacing with Mikey, who can't seem to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. So they fight. So I yell. So we go around and around.

-sigh- It's only been a week. I'm a wimp. I don't think they'd call this a state of emergency yet. ;) Can you imagine how I'd react to an ACTUAL state of emergency?

3 comments:

Swistle said...

No, no. No no no. This is way worse than a state of emergency. For one thing, in a state of emergency there are usually many others affected, and there is the unifying feeling of human beings pulling together to help each other. Whereas you are in this ALONE ALONE OMG ALL ALONE.

bluedaisy said...

you are not a wimp- you are going to get thru this! it's the sleep deprivation that makes it exponentially worse. i really hope that the medicines kick in and start working- especially for little man. can you bribe hubby into taking a "sick" day tomorrow??

Kelsey said...

Oh I hope everyone is much, much better soon. Multiple sick/unhappy people is SO DRAINING and demoralizing.