Thursday, March 26, 2009

Not a good start

At 6:45 this evening, the children were starting their initial wind-down to bedtime while Jeff and I started trying to figure out how we were going to pack everything and remember everything for this trip tomorrow.

At 7:00 pm, I was on my way to the ER with Andrew.

Little booger was hardly "winding down" and instead climbed up on a Rubbermaid container that I'd gotten out looking for clothes for Michael...lost his balance, fell and cracked his head on the side table.

-sigh- He is fine. It is 8:30 and we are home again...Dermabond has glued my kid's head back together again. He screamed and hollered out of pure fear of the unknown. The hospital staff was exceedingly patient. As soon as it was finished, he sat up and said, "Oh. That wasn't too bad." And then, in true Andrew fashion, proceeded to tell everyone as he left, stoically, "Sometimes when you're a kid, strange things can be scary." Uh-huh.

So...NOW I get to pack. Oh, how I love traveling with kids...

1 comment:

Swistle said...

OH MAN! Glad he's okay. And he is SUCH a funny sweetie! "Sometimes when you're a kid"! AH HA HA HA!