Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New plan

Well, plans have changed. We are leaving for Ohio on Friday morning so we can say goodbye to Jeff's Aunt Bonnie.

I feel as close to her as any of my aunts. From the day I met her 13 years ago she has always been so welcoming and loving and wonderful. She has been through a lot, but I've never seen her exude anything but positivity. She made unbelievable apple pies and enjoyed life to the fullest. She showered love and affection on my kids every time we saw her and she was always sure to throw in a compliment to us as parents...showing her love and affection to us. She leaves behind 3 children, all of them well-rounded, kind, contributing people. She was going to be a grandmother for the first time this summer, and I know she would have been the best grandma ever...I think that makes me the saddest. I can't quite imagine family functions without her...she will be so missed.

So I am off to rush and pack. The kids and I will end up being in Ohio for over 2 weeks now...there was no point in going once and then back again a week later...so we're just extending our trip. I'll leave you with a picture of Aunt Bonnie...cuddling Andrew back in 2004. I think all my pictures of her are cuddling one of my babies ;)


2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Aunt Bonnie. Sounds like she will be badly missed. I hope you & all Jeff's family find comfort in each other and your happy memories of her.

Andrea said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I understand being that close to one of your husband's relatives. I love Rob's grandma as much as I loved my own.