Monday, March 14, 2011

BFF

Andrew: Mom? Are you my BFF?

Me: Yes, of course!

Andrew: Great! I never knew you were a Buffalo Fire Fighter. (breaks into uncontrollable giggles)


15 minutes later...

Andrew: Mom? Are you my BFF?

Me: I'm not falling for this again. No way, I'm not your BFF.

Andrew: How sad. I guess we aren't Best Friends Forever. See how I did that, Mom? No matter what you say I get you. (breaks into uncontrollable giggles)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew was reading me Encyclopedia Brown one night before bed. After struggling with the pronunciation a few times, he asked me what an encyclopedia was.

I told him it was what people used before there was the internet. He seemed satisfied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff and I were enjoying the LL Bean Home catalog. I don't know if I like the furnishings so much as the homes that serve as the backdrop for the photos. Andrew asked how we could get our house into a catalog. I explained that we didn't have an interesting enough kind of house...no views of the ocean or mountains in the background.

Andrew offered to pose in the pictures to make our house more interesting. He demonstrated by flailing about and screaming with his tongue hanging out. Then he immediately broke the pose and said, "Child not included."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really, really LOVE Andrew. I wish you guys were closer. Child not included about made me snort my drink.

d e v a n said...

haha!

CARRIE said...

Child not included was funny, but Kelsey's comment about it made it even funnier.
And I am TOTALLY getting N with that BFF comment....although I know full well that Maya is her BFF and not me.