Tuesday, March 08, 2011

BRAT diet

We have a little case of the...um...how do you say? runny poo's? going on over here. Andrew, Lily, and I are the only soldiers in the battle for the toilet right now...but I'm pretty sure the others will fall soon. It's not too bad. We feel mostly okay...just a little tired and crabby and occasionally crampy and sick. But not too bad.

So when one of us catches this...ahem...problem with number twos...I quickly adopt the tried and true BRAT diet. And it has nothing to do with those utterly disturbing dolls sold at Target (one has a belly-button ring!?!)

BRAT:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Tea/Toast

Apparently these 4 foods are a bit binding as well as being easy on a queasy gut.

Like I said...this is tried and true...passed on down for generations. Or at least ONE generation. And it works for most people. Except for my daughter. Who is a strict follower of the CIMP diet.

Never heard of it?

CIMP diet:

Cereal/chocolate
Ice cream
Milk
Peanut butter


Notice how there are no overlaps.

-sigh- She's going to have the runs for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being sick is such a bummer! Your Lily continues to crack me up. Have to say I like her diet though ;) Hope you're all feeling better soon!

bluedaisy said...

I like her diet for, like, ALL the time! I am a fan of BRAT too although our pediatricians always tells us not to alter the diet if the patient feels okay enough to eat regularly- just smaller portions. Have I mentioned that I don't always listen to our doc.? Hope things firm up soon-LOL!

Kelsey said...

CIMP! Priceless! So we can all eat that when we're number two-ing just fine, right?