Monday, March 07, 2011

Last week in photos..

There were only 4 photos on my camera from the last week. Pathetic. I am going to take at least one photo a day this week. It is now on my to do list. Which we all know I finish dutifully each week. ha ha snort ha ha...

Michael's train track breaks a lot. Probably because we build it on carpet. But also because it is played with a lot. So I rebuild it at least once a day. Actually, only once a day...if it gets broken twice, I put it away until the next day. One such day, Jeff came home from work and Michael immediately ran up and complained, "Da? Ma put away my trains. My NEW TRAINS." Dripping with accusatory indignation. Another day last week, I just found him doing this...trying to read the plans and put the pieces together. He was in no way accurate, but it was adorable to watch him check the map and then say a letter, "nee 'F'" and then find a piece from the pile and put it together.


I gave Lily cut up construction paper to make a mosaic flower. Instead, she glued the pieces to her fingertips and declared that she was a tree frog. Her finger pads were even sticky like a tree frog. You just can't get this girl out of her own imagination...
Lily has also been stealing my camera during her afternoon "quiet play time." I keep finding shots that I didn't take in my camera. But she isn't very creative with her shots...none of her face, her feet, her bum...like Andrew would do. She has only one subject in her photography...Shadow.

Finally, I stripped our basement door of all the snowmen and penguins and other wintery school projects. This morning the kids and I (read: just me) created this basket to provide the back drop to all the spring/Easter projects sure to come our way soon. And they better come. Because if I open another backpack and find a colorful mitten or cute little snowflake? I am going to go ape-shit crazy!






2 comments:

CARRIE said...

Michael putting together his own tracks with the plans in hand is simply adorable.

Kelsey said...

I would like to request a follow up photo of the door. My kids would have so much more fun if you were their mom!

Love that Michael story.