Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting used to the new norm

I'm exhausted. I would like to fast forward a few weeks to when I am used to our new schedule. Because right now I am always looking at my watch so I don't miss the next drop off/pick up.

But the next two weeks won't be any easier, since Jeff will be out of town. Well, technically he'll be in Philadelphia. But they're going to have him working so many extra hours, he's actually staying in a hotel down there Monday-Thursday.

I'm going to document what next week looks like on my calendar, just so when I'm really running around when they're in junior high I can laugh at myself. Or maybe it will just make me glad I don't have 2 in pre-school anymore ;)

Monday:
6:15- Jeff leaves for work...and won't be back until after dinner time on Thursday
8:40-Andrew leaves house to go to bus stop
9:00-Leave for pre-school drop off
9:20-Grocery
11:30-Leave for pre-school pick up
3:15- Leave for Brandon bus drop off (he's the boy I'm watching in the afternoon...but he goes to a different school than Andrew, so it's a different bus time)
4:15- Watch for Andrew's bus (I no longer go down to the stop to get him, but I still watch for the bus so I can walk out the driveway to say hi)
7:00- Education committee meeting at church...I'll have to bring all 3 kids since Jeff will be gone

Tuesday:
8:40- Andrew bus stop
9:00- Leave for pre-school drop off
10:30- Lily swim lesson
11:30- Leave for pre-school pick up
3:30- Take Shadow to groomers
3:45- Pick up Andrew from school on the way home from groomers? Tuesday is the only day I don't have B...so maybe
6:45- Andrew swim lesson...I'll have to bring all 3 kids since Jeff will be gone
7:30- Pick up Shadow from groomers on the way home from swim? Or maybe before swim and leave her in the car? Go to Wendy's for dinner so we can pick up Shadow? Haven't worked this out yet.

Wednesday:
8:40- Andrew to bus stop
9:00- Leave for pre-school drop off
11:30- Leave for pre-school pick up
3:15- Go to bus stop to get B
4:15- Watch for A's bus
5:40- Leave for A's soccer practice...I'll have to bring all 3 kids since Jeff will be gone

Thursday:8:40- Andrew to bus stop
9:00- Leave for pre-school drop off...drop off BOTH KIDS!
9:30- Help set up for church rummage sale
11:30- Leave for pre-school pick up
3:15- Go to bus stop to get B
4:15- Watch for A's bus
7pm-Anxiously wait for Jeff to enter the house again

Friday:
8:40-Andrew to bus stop
9:00- Pre-school drop off
10:00- Drop off meal to a mom in MOMS club with a new baby
11:30- Pre-school pick up
12:15- Michael's weekly speech appointment at a local church
3:15- Go to B's bus stop
4:15- Watch for A's bus
6:00- Curse Jeff, because he's not coming home from work again this night because he is going to open fencing straight from work.


The week after that gets less interesting because even though all 3 kids have dentist appoinments spread out over 2 days, Andrew has no school on Thursday and Friday, and I won't have Brandon on those days either. I will be getting ready for Lily's birthday party on October 1st though ;)

5 comments:

CARRIE said...

Yawn. I need a nap now.
Isn't it crazy how busy life can be with such young kids? I know I say this constantly but it truly astounds me.

bluedaisy said...

I am in awe of this schedule...God bless you child!

Heather said...

Just reading this makes me tired! And the fact that you called it "normal"???? I am in awe.

Pamela said...

Welcome to the club! It's exhausting. For the first time in my life I bought a planner because I'm afraid of forgetting something. Or someone. I hope you have some chocolate on hand to help you make it through your crazy week ;)

Emily said...

I feel like I'm heading here in the next couple of years... this year is a big step up having two schedules to manage. I actually set my cell phone alarm so that I won't lose track of time and forget to go get Katy.